Re: Reversed US flag on HA 767

In a message dated 3/9/02 3:33:12 PM Central Standard Time, kawika42@mac.com
writes:

> 1.  The US flag is reversed.  Why?
>
> 2.  There's a space between the N and 580HA.  Hawaiian seems to be
> having trouble with 767 regs; first there were photos of N-580HA (now
> lacking the -), and now this...

I figured I would throw my $.02 in this...  First, you can buy an "aircraft
set" of flags, one going each way, so that the flag "blows in the breeze" on
the aircraft in flight.

Second, in the USA we normally do not use the dash (the real term escapes me)
as most/all other countries do.  However, I read someplace (and I wish I
could remember where) that it is perfectly legal to use in US registrations,
although not required.  IIRC, you can also apply for the old C, X, R, L
reggies but they don't carry the same connotations that they once did (i.e:
Certified/Commercial, Experiemental, Restricted, Limited category
certification).  I was researching info for my dad for his 1/5 scale Stinson
108-2.

Now I have to go sit airport reserve because it is cloudy today (don't you
love crew scheduling's paranoia?) and MIGHT rain later.

Jim

Proud to be an American,
Jim Hann
Waterski J-41 Captain