Re: But where's the Boeing???

Sorry to be late, but I was hospitalized for a while.

One of the aerial (satellite?) views in the cited URL seems to show two
heavily damaged areas at the ends of the straight section of the building,
extending right into the interior courtyards.  Little damage appears (in
this view) inside the outer wall in the middle of the damaged section of the
building.

It looks to me that at least one of the early exterior views (with a fire
truck spraying water) shows a lot of material that might be the remains of
an aircraft fuselage, along a straight outer wall of the building..

Is it conceivable that the two engines penetrated at the ends of the damaged
section and most of the rest of the aircraft was consumed in the central
fire?

Perhaps not.  The distance between the two blackened sections in the aerial
view is probably much too great to represent damage by the two engines of a
single 757.

Is it certain that the plane did not strike first some distance from the
building?   I don't know anything about conditions along the approach path.
Could it have hit the building in several pieces, rather than intact, after
a bounce?