Re: But where's the Boeing???

I'm reminded of a piece of film I saw way back. The idea was to test the
resistance of concrete shrouds around nuclear facilities to impact from
aircraft. A typical concrete wall was constructed across a railtrack. An F-4
was attached to a  rocket sled and fired at the wall. Impact speed was around
500mph. The Sled and F4 just vanished. Everything was vapourised and there
was  minimal damage to the concrete wall.  Not too dissimilar to this
scenario. The Pentagon is fairly hardened - in fact I believe it had just
undergone a hardening programme prior to the impact. The only real difference
is the windows. It's my guess that the aircraft vapourised on impact at the
base of building. The shockwave blew out the windows, the practically
atomised fuel entered the building through the windows and exploded in a way
similar to a fuel air bomb and the resulting heat caused the structural
failure of the building.

How much of the aircraft was recovered?

David