Re: In defence of FF

On 21 Feb 2002 at 9:00, Peter Schneider wrote:

> It's a sad sight when some eighty year old woman in a wheel chair has
> to have a shoes taken off so they can be scanned.

You are more correct than you can believe.  I was travelling through TPA on
DL yesterday - they had a geezer grandma in the final screening area at the
jetway. The security staff had done the carry-on hand search and taken off her
shoes for an inspection.  The grandma was sitting down and a security guard
was helping to put her shoes on because she couldn't reach down to do it
herself.

Let's see....if she can't reach them to put them on, I guess that doesn't mean
she can't reach them to light the heels.  How come I couldn't figure that one
out....DUH!!!

Egalitarianism should have its limits.

Don
Fan of putting EVERY bit of metal in the carryon so I don't have to be frisked