Fwd: Air Canada Expands Domestic Capacity for Summer Peak; Introduces Tango Service to Windsor and London, Ontario

>Air Canada Expands Domestic Capacity for Summer Peak; Introduces Tango=20
>Service to Windsor and London, Ontario
>

>     MONTREAL, Feb. 21 /CNW/ - In response to improving conditions in the
>Canadian market and ever increasing consumer response to its Tango service,
>Air Canada announced today it would increase domestic capacity and add two=
 new
>destinations to its Tango network. With the addition of Windsor and London,
>Ontario to its network, Tango will provide Canadians with low fare, high=
 value
>service to 23 Canadian destinations from coast to coast.
>     "Air Canada's January 74.5% domestic load factor was the highest of=
 any
>major North American carrier and was a full six percentage points higher=
 than
>for the same month in 2001. In light of improving market fundamentals, we=
 will
>continue to closely monitor demand for additional capacity and will adjust
>flying levels as required to fulfill the needs of the travelling public. It=
 is
>encouraging to note that current load factors and strong advance booking
>trends point to further recovery in the domestic market," said Robert=
 Milton,
>President and Chief Executive Officer.
>     "In order to meet anticipated demand for the summer peak period, we=
 will
>increase overall domestic capacity by approximately five percent year over
>year in the third quarter with increases of up to ten per cent on certain
>routes.
>
>     WINDSOR AND LONDON, ONTARIO, LATEST ADDITIONS TO TANGO NETWORK; MORE
>     FLIGHTS TO REGINA AND SASKATOON; NINE NEW ROUTES; MORE AIRCRAFT; MORE
>     COMMUNITIES AND ROUTES TO COME
>     "Tango's current high load factors and strong advance bookings confirm
>that Canadians do want low fare, no frills service from Air Canada," said=
 Mr.
>Milton. "Since it commenced operations, Tango's traffic performance has
>exceeded all expectations with a load factor that has been consistently=
 higher
>than that of the mainline carrier's domestic system.  We will continue to
>monitor demand for Tango and assign capacity to provide more Canadians in=
 more
>communities with the service they are looking for," he added.
>
>     NEW DAILY SERVICE COMMENCING JUNE 17
>     ------------------------------------
>     London-Halifax
>     London-Calgary-Vancouver
>     Windsor-Ottawa-Halifax
>     Windsor-Winnipeg-Calgary
>     Saskatoon-Vancouver
>     Regina-Vancouver
>
>     Tickets on the new routes will be available for sale February 28. All
>Tango fares are available with no minimum stay and no advance purchase
>requirement. Further information on the schedule and fares for the new=
 Tango
>services announced today will also be available on February 28.
>     With new Tango service to St. John's since January 7, Thunder Bay,
>Regina, and Saskatoon service commencing April 1, the summer addition of=
 nine
>new destinations and 14 new routes announced January 21 and the two new
>destinations and nine new routes announced today, the Tango network expands=
>include 23 Canadian cities from coast to coast. By summer 2002, Tango will
>offer up to 98 daily departures compared to 36 daily departures currently
>available.
>     Recent survey results indicate strong support among Canadians for Air
>Canada's provision of a low fare carrier. A nationwide telephone survey of=
 500
>Canadians conducted by Ipsos-Reid between November 30 and December 6, 2001
>found that 82 per cent of Canadians would fly a low fare, no frills airline
>operated by Air Canada and evidence to date strongly bears this out.
>
>     AIR CANADA FOCUSES ON COSTS
>     ---------------------------
>     Tango's passenger servicing costs are significantly lower than for
>comparable mainline Air Canada flights as a result of its efficient=
 aircraft
>seating configuration, web booking tools, call center distribution system=
 and
>use of electronic tickets. Over 80 per cent of Tango flights are booked on=
 its
>dedicated website at <http://www.flytango.com>www.flytango.com.
>
>     ABOUT TANGO
>     -----------
>     Tango by Air Canada, a separately branded Air Canada service,=
 commenced
>operations November 1, 2001. For the summer 2002 schedule, Tango will offer
>service to Victoria, Vancouver, Abbotsford, Kelowna, Edmonton, Calgary,
>Regina, Saskatoon, Winnipeg, Toronto, Windsor, London, Ottawa, Thunder Bay,
>Qu=E9bec City, Montr=E9al, Halifax, Fredericton, Saint John, Charlottetown,
>St. John's, Deer Lake and Gander.
>     Tango offers consumers a no frills air travel alternative=
 complementing
>Air Canada's full service operations. Tango operates a fleet of distinctly
>branded aircraft, offering a unique "all extras are optional" in-flight
>service, including a menu selection of snacks and refreshments at=
 reasonable
>prices and short feature audiovisual entertainment. The aircraft cabin=
 offers
>an all-economy seating configuration matching Air Canada's industry-leading
>levels of in-flight comfort.
>
>     ATTENTION PHOTO EDITORS: High resolution, downloadable Tango aircraft
>photos are available at <http://www.flytango.com>www.flytango.com by=20
>selecting "What's Tango?" then
>"Photo Gallery".

The owner of Roger's Trinbago Site:
Roj (Roger James)

CBSC Website
http://www.tntisland.com/caribbeansocabrassconnection/
Steel Expressions Orch
http://www.escape.ca/~ejames/se/
email #1: mailto:steelexpressions@yahoo.com
email #2: mailto:steelexpressions@home.com
The Trinbago Site of the Week:
(NLCB) http://www.nlcb.co.tt/
(National Lotteries Control Board)
courtesy of Roj Trinbago Website & TnT Web Directory
Roj's Trinbago Website: http://www.tntisland.com
TnT Web Directory: http://195.224.187.36/