Re: Cabotage

It's phased open skies, as it stands today.  Why upgrade?  Giving Canadian
carriers cabotage rights in the U.S. would be a pure give-away, and a free ride
for code-share and alliance carriers.  U.S. carriers (and other alliances in
which U.S. carriers participate) receive nothing comparable as a quid pro quo,
in terms of market
size or revenue potential.  There's no fair value trade for U.S. carriers in a
North American common aviation area.

- Bob Mann
--
- R.W. Mann & Company, Inc.   >>  Airline Industry Analysis
  Port Washington, NY  11050  >>  tel 516-944-0900, fax -7280