Re: QF 738

>  > My understanding is that it is allowed to fly around for a small
>>  period of time without the correct dots, but eventually QF is charged
>>  money for not having the correct design on the engine in question!
>>  Crazy stuff.
>

>It certainly is crazy stuff.  What happens if an engine goes u/s in LHR
>or JFK?  Bizarre.

Well, it has to get removed again, of course - although if it
happened in LHR it would probably end up with a Blue BA engine
anyway.  Takes longer to paint the engine than change it.  You may
have noticed EBU (and now VXB) don't have engines that are different
to standard :-)

On another note, I think Impulse were clever and placed their a/c
regos on the engine cowls - this being on the "Cockatoo" colour
scheme.  It may have looked better (instead of being buried behind
the engine on their earlier scheme) but an engine cowl can be a very
well travelled piece of equipment.  Once it's taken off and put on
another a/c, (to replace a damaged cowl, for example) which rego is
which?

There are a few examples on http://www.airliners.net/  Instead of me
posting a ridiculously long 15 line link to a specific picture, you
can search for photo id: 199931  if you want an example.
--
Regards,

Simon Craig

If it's not McBoeing, I'm not McGoing!