DELTA (Beachcraft Atlantic Coast)

AIRLINE:

Just returned from Montreal on Delta (Atlantic Coast Airways) using their
new Beachcraft jet. While the jet looks slick (and the new paint scheme as
well) for a 6'-2'' mostly legs passenger, it was an ordeal I wouldn't wish
on my worst enemy. Talk about cramp? It was agony! Thank God it was only a one
hour flight.

Seen at Montreal Dorval:

Lot's of Air Canada, including their larger A320 Airbus, A319 aircraft,
a reclaimed B737 from Canadian, and the new, Tango Airlines using a faded
purple tail with slightly faded maple leaf logo. Also saw Delta MD-80
(wish it were going my way) and US Airways, Continental, and Northwest
a/c. I will say this in favor of the Beachcraft, the windows are high enough
to allow some pleasant views outside and the ride was fair smooth, too.

Experienced in Boston

On Saturday, I arrived 2 hours earlier as required. Stood in the wrong
line for 20 minutes, only to stand in the correct line for nearly one hour.
Then, the security line went back to the old United gate area. Fortunately,
Delta is calling people out of the line, per when their flight is due to leave.
Thank God. Otherwise, I'd still be standing there! I was fortunate on the
way up, to not get the special security check, although I did see a fellow
with shoes off and the metal detector going over him. On the way back,
more metal detector stuff (but I got to keep my shoes on!) This is good.
I don't mind for the tighter security.

And that's that. For future reference: I'll stick to Air Canada (although
they use Canadair Regional jets. Same tight nightmare, but not long lines
or hassle) or take the larger jets to New York or Pittsburgh and then transfer
to larger AC planes or continue on someone with who has the same.

That's it!

Mike Burris
Cambridge, Massachusetts