Re: QF 738

----- Original Message -----
From: "Scotty" <scotty@aviatsiya.ru>
To: <AIRLINE@LISTSERV.CUNY.EDU>
Sent: Friday, February 15, 2002 09:13
Subject: Re: QF 738

> In terms of foamers, it may add more diversity, but we have to remember
the
> real reason QF have done this. It portrays an image of their airline
which
> is very favourable when it comes to indigenous Aboriginal culture in
this
> country....and what we have seen with Nalanji, Wunala and now Yananyi,
is
> only the tip of the iceberg of Aboriginal culture. Although I do applaud
QF
> for taking the step of commissioning Balanji to do these designs, which
> gives people around the world to experience at least a small part of
> Aboriginal culture, and in the same breath encourage them to visit
Australia
> to experience for themselves....and hopefully by flying QF. Great P.R.!!
And QF's upstaging of AN's inaugural flight into a Japanese airport
remains a classic.  :-)

For those who haven't heard the story, AN had called a press conference to
cover the first arriving AN flight.  Five minutes before it was due, QF
brought in the captivating Wunala Dreaming, caught the photographers'
attention, and poor AN was forgotten in the rush.  Ouch.