Re: UAL mechanics may reject contract, back strike

International routes aren't worth what they used to be.

With code-sharing, 90 some odd US-XXX open skies treaties, any US
airline is "flying" where they want to be already. No need to buy the
right to fly.

What UAL has, that AC has, and many other airlines in supposed 'dire
straits' is assets that have value. AC completed a transaction where
they sold several planes and leased them back, or used them as
collateral to secure access to operating cash.

UAL (and AA somewhat) is doing some right things. They are putting their
heads down and ploughing ahead with business as (for the most part)
usual. Someone cares to tell a story of CBS and ABC being of a similar
size and stature numerous years ago. ABC started making bold, firm and
smart decisions and were aquired by Disney a few years later. CBS tried
to "shrink" into greatness and were purchased by Westinghouse for about
1/5th the value of ABC at about the same point in time.

Matthew