Re: BAe146 and relatives

Gerard M Foley <gfoley@columbus.rr.com>
> I'd like to take a cheap trip on one of these high wing
> four jet machines before they all disappear from US skies.
> Any suggestions as to how to find what flights in them fly
> from Columbus Ohio (CMH)?

There are 2 US operators of the 146/RJ: Air Wisconsin/United Express (16), and
Mesaba/Northwest Airlink (36). Neither is likely to get rid of their aircraft
any time soon (unless you've heard something I haven't), so I wouldn't say that
there's any hurry.

Don't know if either flies from CMH, but Mesaba has large RJ presences at DTW
and MSP, whereas Air Wisconsin has theirs in DEN and ORD. But neither tends to
fly routes that are "cheap" -- most are on regional routes where there tends to
be relatively less competition, and so relatively higher fares. But some patient
searching through the airlines' own sites or Expedia and the like ought to
reveal some affordable routes, especially if you're flexible on dates.

For info on the BAe 146/Avro RJ, incidentally, see www.smiliner.com

Best regards,
Stefano