Re: [Sky-1] Wrong runway

Steve,
I have an advanced copy of AWST (next weeks issue) and theres an article about this story- they show the airport rwy/twy layout and what his departure should have been and what he actually did.  Article mentions that at the end of the twy the tires left marks on a small snow bank- they just pulled out of this near disaster by the skin of their teeth- pilots are now grounded and NTSB investigating the actions of the controllers.  stay tuned

  Steve Taylor <steveontheinternet@hotmail.com> wrote: Hello all,

A few days ago I was reading about an aircraft taking off on the taxi way in
ANC.

Where's the discussion on why ANC ground control didn't pick it up same as
the conversation we had over the SQ incident in TPE? What am I missing?
Wasn't it the same thing?

Steve

Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

SkyOne--The Airline News Channel
  To Post message: Skyone@yahoogroups.com
Skyone URL:
  http://www.yahoogroups.com/group/Skyone

Joe Pries Commercial Aviation Photography
Serving the airline industry with quality photography
AOL IM AIRLINE72
http://www.joepries.com