Re: AA and or Airbus Trouble Ahead.

In your message regarding Re: AA and or Airbus Trouble Ahead. dated Sat, =
26 Jan
2002 20:52:04 EST, B787300@aol.com said that ...

>B- I think we're talking two entirely different scenarios here, one =
where the
>B- flight crews have been trained to overcome the problem and one where =
the
>B- whole friggin tail falls off and only Superman can land the sucker.  =
If the
>B- tails were falling off the 737's I think the pilots would want to =
ground them
>B- which hardly makes them biased against Airbus products.
>B-

Several 737 have crashed or been effected by the rudder problem. Just =
a couple
of months back an Easjet 737 suffered while taking off. It was lucky it =
was
near airborne as it veered off towards the side of the runway and =
couldn't be
stopped. The scenarios may not be identical but end the same the plane =
hits the
ground.

Exactly how many A300s have lost their tails so far. A lot less than =
737s with
rudder problems.

Heck even a 767 delivered to China has been found to be full of bugs
--

Dave Hedges
LHR