Re: United's flight number scheme (was Re: AC's 3xxx flight #s)

This should help....To be more specific about an earlier email to the
list/group, I should specify further why it is called "Dixie".  You would
have had to grow up here in the US and spent many hours in elementary school
being bored to no end learning about our Civil War between the north and
south.  The "Dixie" taxiway at ATL is a "connector" between the North and
the South of the airport.  Essentially, it not a phonetically named taxiway
(Taxiway "D" in this case), but more or less just the Name of the taxiway.
Finally, to further clarify, on the ATL airport diagram and associated
signage, there is no "D" taxiway...it is specifically labeled and called
"Dixie".

Due being the large operations of Delta Air Lines, Inc. at ATL, it seemed
prudent back when they named the taxiways during the new design layout, to
forego a "Delta" taxiway.  Eastern would have wanted equal billing I
suppose.

Walter
DCA

I'm not sure if myATL = The William B. Hartsfiend