The letter has arrived...:)

I forgot to get the mail out of the mailbox yesterday, but low and behold,
here is the anticipated letter from the FAA.  It is a well worded letter not
to cause any liability issues that might arise from innappropriate verbage.
There is a specific paragraph that can be used to shove into the face of a
person if he/she mentions that the "FAA prohibits photography of commercial
aircraft".  It also specifically mentions FARs 107 and 108.

The primary reason of my letter, of course, was the so called "FAA no
photography" rule many of us were getting bombarded with as we enjoy our
hobby/profession.  The letter specifically mentioned to reference the
Aviation and Transportation Security Act (P.L. 107-71) at
http://thomas.loc.gov/ and searching S.1450.  It ended in part by saying
that the ensuring concerns of aviation photographers would be considered
fully and ended on a pleasant note for taking to the time to share our(my)
concerns.

If any additional details are desired, please email me privately.

(Side note:  I also get my money back for the Express Mail postage.  It took
two...TWO....days to go from Alexandria, Virginia to Washington, DC.  Yes,
it was marked "next day"..."12 noon")

Walter
DCA