Re: MD11 incident at SYD

At 02:04 PM 11/01/02 +0000, you wrote:
>Hello Grant,
>That is very gracious of you.  Please forward them to this address:
>
>jckelly@dscp.dla.mil
>
>Disregard the ethnic comments as a result of your question about the
>aviation thread.  Emotions are still running high here in the U. S. and
>seeing some justice meted out to Al Qaeda terrorists or the Taliban that
>supported them brings some limited satisfaction resulting from
>the September 11 tragedy.
>
>All the best,
>JCK

I fully appreciate the depth of feeling and emotion and I understand it
completely.  Hell, I get a great deal of satisfaction out of seeing these
people brought to justice.  I posted a message of support after Sept 11th
which, I hope, leaves no doubt as to where my sympathies lie.  My point
was, and remains, that I'm growing a little weary of the continual
"let's-turn-Afghanistan-into-a-parking-lot" posts made by a few individuals
on the Airline and Skyone lists.  I had thought that many list members had
complained about them and that the moderator had more or less knocked the
practice on the head but it seems some of those individuals just haven't
got the message.  Guess I'll just have to add another couple of names to my
email filter list which is a pity because I run the risk of missing
relevant posts.

I just think that the majority of posts to these lists should be about
aviation.  There are plenty of other forums for people to vent their anger.

Regarding the photos, a number of people have requested them.  Expect them
in the next 24 to 48 hours.  I can't send them now because, being a
forgetful putz, I've left them on my office PC so I'll do it when I get to
work on Monday morning (Australian time)

Cheers
Grant
SYD
QF