Re: Northwest Challenged By Civil Rights Body On Checkpoint Incident

In a message dated 1/8/02 5:06:48 PM Central Standard Time, LFutia@aol.com
writes:

> Hassan said the council has received a dozen similar complaints about
> allegations of racial profiling during searches at airports since the Sept.
> 11 terrorist attacks.

         So am I being profiled, as an airline captain because I had to break
company policy to pass through security this morning?  I had to remove my hat
and jacket while not in the aircraft, not to mention my shoes (all three are
required to be worn at all times while in public view).  I could be written
up, disciplined (including termination) for not following company procedure,
and lately the uniform police have been on us.  I understand religious
reasons for wearing certain types or items of clothing, but a headscarf (or
any type of headwear) can be used to conceal dangerous items (such as bobby
pins).
         Also, how many Muslims do we have in the USA?  They have a dozen
complaints for millions of people?  The ratio is pretty small.

Jim
Proud to be an American,
Jim Hann
Waterski J-41 Captain