Re: Anyone Want Some Used B717s??

Boeing will keep Long Beach open for quite a while.  The C-17 is produced
there.  Look for an announcement in the near future for a follow-on purchase
of an additional 60 C-17s to complement the original 120 aircraft buy. Even
more C-17s for the U. S. Air Force are needed, but 180 is better than the
original contract for 120.

My friends at TWA LLC tell me the B717 is loved by pax along with gate agent
folks even though they have to stay at their loading bridge station until
engines are running. The flight crews like the plane, too.  Mechs don't like
it because it requires a ground cart start and has some avionics glitches.
Still, is the F100 better than the B717, or vice-versa?  Not sitting in AA's
strategic fleet planning group, we can only conjecture.

Regards,
JCK