AmWest Defers Lease Payments

Whew!  The Federal loan guarantee came in the nick of time as America West
Airlines announced they're deferring a $72m lease payment for the time being.
 The loan, which is scheduled to close mid January, will allow AmWest to
become current with their lessors during the grace period of the lease.
Meanwhile a good friend of mine in the garment industry is walking in tall
cotton as his Cactus stock closed at $3.93 after hitting $4.20 earlier in the
day!  And all I have to comfort me is an old timetable showing their flight
to Nagoya!