Educated Baggage & Passenger screeners?

Charles & List

    I can't decide whether your political diatribe is tongue-in-cheek or
just fox-news simplistic so I'll get to the real issue. Do we need to raise
the education level for someone to screen baggage?
    I'm surmising you envision the role of baggage screener to be more
intrusive than simply a "baggage screener"? You're suggesting the "baggage
screener" will ask questions, interview and  evaluate responses and
presumeably make some decision based on his (baggage screener's) evaluation.
I don't think the role of federalized baggage screener was intended to
interview etc and was created to screen baggage for weapons etc and thus the
ideal employee would be one that could focus on imagery for hours regardless
of his education.
    Why not hire police officers to screen baggage? The law enforcement
community turned this empire-building opportunity down flat. Why? They know,
as I know, it wouldn't be long before one of their officers let something
slip through.
    Does anyone think the flying public is ready, economically and
politically, to submit to the El El check-in process? The airlines have
reduced flights substantially since 9-11 and will do so again if the El Al
process is instituted as passengers will avoid flying except for long
distances. El Al with their limited flight schedule can delay, but UA etc
cannot IMHO.
   BTW "...philosophy of discussion that occurs in an educational
environment" Are you talking about high school?
   Greg