Security

Y'all,

Maybe the airlines should decide if they want to have lots of
security and drive away customers or have little security and take
the risk of another accident.  Further, I still don't hear anyone
discussing security on board the aircraft.  In my opinion, WAY too
much emphasis is being placed on screening on the ground.  If you put
all your eggs in that basket, all it takes is one leak and the whole
system is worthless.  If there is security on board (guards, etc.)
then the threat of non-suicidal people doing damage will all but
evaporate.

As for the suicidal types (and others who would simply plant
explosives), it has been demonstrated historically that there is
really no good way to eliminate that problem.  The suicide bomber
will always get through.  The best we can do is hope to catch some of
them before hand and redirect the rest to better targets (i.e. not
airplanes and tall buildings).

V-

Varrin Swearingen               ICQ#16241843 varrin@sugargroup.net
Congressional Candidate, CA District 20          http://varrin.com
MD-11 First Officer                                  World Airways
Drums & Percussion                               Audio Engineering