Re: comment on AA today

On 23 Dec 01, at 14:48, Dave Hedges wrote:

> >     Thus ends visa waiver program?
> >

> I doubt that, because all that would happen is that other countries
> would then require US national to get a visa. It was the threat of just
> such action which help the visa waiver program into being.

I was thinking about that as well   but then   it would now seem
that the other countries  at present   need to avoid deterring US
tourists  most of whom are no longer travelling    ....while,
comparatively,  e.g. Europeans, are still travelling to the U.S.
i.e. at present the US could probably get away with stopping the
program without fear of `retaliation'.
But your point is taken   especially in light of the fact that when I
turn on the TV here in the UK   I see that US Tourism advert with
George W. encouraging tourists to visit America.
--
Niels