Re: comment on AA today

I dunno, it sounds like a lot of you guys do not travel internationally
very often.

1) People have all sorts of names that may or may not match their
"ethnic appearance". Specifically, the citizens of former colonies of
European countries often have European names, even though they are of
ethnically indigenous peoples.  This is so common as to be unremarkable,
even for security purposes.

2) Many people travel without checked luggage on many transoceanic
itineraries.   This might  warrant some minor scrutiny, like opening
their carry-on to see if there was appropriate travel items, clothing,
toiletries.   Again, even after 9-11, not checking luggage is hardly
suspicious in itself.   Many travelers never check luggage if possible.
I prefer not to for all short trips, even abroad.

--
Michael C. Berch
mcb@postmodern.com