Security

Y'all,

It has been with some degree of interest that I've read the comments
about the "Get Smart" shoe bomb guy.

The thing that keeps on amazing me is how strong the cry is for
government intervention.  All around the world (yes, even in Paris),
security is 'tight', there are armed guards at the airports, and here
in the U.S. we even have the F-15's chasing down airliners.  How
utterly rediculous.

The people who saved the day were the crew and passengers.  They are
the ones we need to protect.  Our current system harasses and
intimidates crewmembers and passengers, not the criminals.  When are
we ever going to figure out that the government is utterly
incompetent at handling aviation security?

V-

Varrin Swearingen               ICQ#16241843 varrin@sugargroup.net
Congressional Candidate, CA District 20          http://varrin.com
MD-11 First Officer                                  World Airways
Drums & Percussion                               Audio Engineering