Re: comment on AA today

Have any of you actually traveled through CDG since 911?? Or LHR/LGW for
that matter?

To start with CDG, security is non-existent even for US carriers. In
terminal 1 they have only recently moved the security screening from the
entry point of each satellite to the individual gates, these gates are also
getting screened in, so once passengers are checked they cant get anything
passed to them from a non-security-checked person. All of this has only come
about in the last two weeks, before that you had Saudia passengers of Middle
Eastern origin mixing freely with US Air passengers in Satellite 3.

As for the shoes, I love wearing Caterpillar boots which I have NEVER had to
remove for x-raying in any European or USA airport. But in the Middle East
its almost guaranteed that I will have to remove them, so much so that I
usually have them taken off before I get to the X-ray machine. Is this the
level of security that the western world now requires?

As for Marks comments, I totally agree with him that the person (TV news
picture) certainly didn't match the name, but it isn't the French that he
needs to kick, its AA, they employ their own security in European airports.

American Airlines were lucky that they have a no smoking policy onboard
their flights, otherwise we might have never discovered what brought that
airliner down.

Finally, Merry Christmas to all, I hope that you get to travel safely and
peacefully over the holidays.

smurf.