Trip report SFO-Europe-SFO

Happy Holidays to all. I will keep this trip report short.

Dec 05 Wed. arrived SFO at 1045am for  NW 342 SFO DTW 1245pm departure with
connecting service on NW 50 DTW CDG. Flight 50 cxld.
[Security extremely tight. Was asked to remove my shoes, belt (they went into
the xray machine), then they followed by the wand. Not sure if they are
supposed to rub it up and down your body...kinda violating but can you
question security practices?..... The national guard said show up next time
wearing a thong.... this making security checkpoints easier.]

Rebooked on KLM 0606 1540hrs PH-UTD B747-400 combi with 7 pallets in the
rear. Flying time 10hrs 15min. Seats 25 hjk (airport agent gave us 3 seats to
smooth things out). Not sure if we received food poisoning from KLM meal
service or at the airport diner (Both of us were violently ill during the
flight). AMS is the arrival city with train service via Brussels thanks to an
air traffic control strike in France.... While at the De Haggans station (2
stops from Amsterdam) another train crashed down the line = no more train
service. Off at De Haggans followed by a taxi to Brussels (company
reimbursement for taxi$) and train service to Paris. Arrival time Paris
Thursday Dec 06 1035pm 12hrs late.

Dec 08 Sat  AF 6212 ORY-NCE. A319. (sorry lost paper with reg# on it) Flying
time 1hr 25mins. Seats 11ab. First time on a 319...not much different from
the rest of the family. Flight departed at 1200n on time. Offered small
sandwich some sort of meat or tuna, followed by drink service. Not bad for
only being an 1hr 20 min flight. Plane was empty and the cockpit door left
open at several points during the flight...nice and comforting don't you
think?. Overall security was poor.

Dec 15 Sat AF 7703 NCE-CDG, F-GTAD, A321 @115pm.Flying time 1hr35mins. If
anyone has taken off from NCE...they can appreciate the wonderful right bank
after takeoff. Plan was 3/4 full. Sat in the business class section
(unofficially). Tuna sandwich and beverage service offered. Plane was full.
Only every other other middle seat available (interesting they can keep the
passenger loads up. Flights to CDG or ORY left every 10 to 15mins). Security
was tight on this end of the country.

Dec 16 Sun KL  1226 CDG-AMS  B737-400 @655am(sorry no time to look for the
registration held up a security.The man  was trying to board with an electric
drill set)  Flight left 20 mins behind schedule due to deicing procedures.
Flying time 55 mins. Plan full. Only last row of seats available. Danish
waffles (800% sugar and preservatives), peanuts and coffee for breakfast. My
buddy and I were the only ones disembarking at AMS, all other passengers were
in transit. Only 3 bags at baggage reclaim; all of them belong to us.
Security was poor (must be a Paris thing)

Dec 19 Wed KLM 0606 SFO AMS 747-300 PH-BUD combi 7 pallets in the rear again.
Flying time 10h 55min. Left at 12:00pm 1/2 hr late due to incomming aircraft
delay. Once again plan was full full full. Seats 46HJ (last row). Overall
good service and no food poisoning. Security was extremely tight in AMS. Had
all of my luggage hand searched (as did all US bound passengers). 2 sets of
security screeners, then on arrival we had our items re-screened at SFO.

KLM needs to increase their seat pitch, and perhaps learn to smile..... thats
all I can say at this point. Air France offered excellent service, and would
fly them again but only if they keep the cockpit door closed. Fly KLM
again..only if its on a NW plane with a KL codeshare flight number!

Happy Holidays

Scott SFO