Re: comment on AA today

 Thats what im talking about Baha- i too left FRA in nov after the slide convention and the sec person that sees you before you even check in asked where i stayed, why, with who, purpose of my trip and some other questions i forgot.  i also went through 2 metal detectors.  The case of this guy here though- number one is 0 baggage- right there and then the sec people should have been extra super sensitive to him- they may not have found the shoe thing on him but with enough scrutiny he may have started to sweat- shown signs of "well gee they may be on to me" -anything- that can help avoid this type of situation.

  Bahadir Acuner <bahadiracuner@yahoo.com> wrote: As you put it Joe, today's headlines might have been totally different if an
F/A didn't do his/her job perfectly. The thing that makes me wonder how this
guy got through the security in Paris.

If you are a foreign national coming to US your visa numbers are entered in
to the computer at the time of security check at your departure point. If
this guys passport was bogus, so was his US visa. This should have been
caught in Paris. I am surprised that it wasn't.

Let me also add few more points as a person who went through "intensive"
security control in FRA last week. The security control is still the same.
You just go through more of it instead of 1 - 2 times. They ask you the same
stupid questions. The regular "have you packed your bags yourself?" stuff.
Going through the metal detectors 3 times instead of one will add only
marginal safety.

I am wondering if this guy had a one way ticket. He might have been carrying
a carry on, posing as a businessman. Good security personnel would
scrutinize his purpose of travel and probably raise some red flags about
him.

I just hope this was a single incidence and I am thankful that we caught
this bastard on time.

BAHA