ITALYNEWS

Hi to all,

further news from Italy in this issue:

AEROLINEAS ARGENTINAS has resumed with effect Dec. 19th. 2001 a thrice
weekly direct flight from Buenos Aires to Rome FCO with A340.

AIR DOLOMITI has ordered three ATR72-700 with delivery extimated in
September 2002 and in 2003. This order has a value for 51,6 million of US
Dollars and is structured with the delivery of the first ATR72/700 in
September 2002 and a sales & lease back contract for two ATR42/500 still at
the moment is service, these two ATR42/500 will be in fleet until the
delivery of the further two ATR72/700 extimated  in 2003, after these
aircrafts (2 ATR42/500) should be returned to ATR Industries.
The agreement also could provide the option for Air Dolomiti to extend
furthermore the redelivery of these aircrafts sine die to the ATR Consortium
in case that the carrier intend to have at disposal further aircraft for its
network expansion.
Alcide Leali, chairman of Air Dolomiti has defined that today is the first
step where the airline has concretized the new strategy of development of
the airline=20
announced one week ago. We have planned a fleet plan mostly aggressive to
catch the new improved opportun=ECties that th changed scenery has create a=
 we
are imediatly able to make an agreement with ATR our hystorical supplier.
This operation of improving and renewal of our fleet shall permitt to
developping furthermore  the feedering service to Frankfurt and Munich,
offering new links, further frequencies and improved capacity to the Star
Alliiance hubs.
I'm very proud of our airline, that in this delicated moment in air traffic
sector is a valid and important point of referement for our passengers and
also to the our partners, suppliers and airports, that in these years has
again demonstrated esteem and reliance.

AIR ONE has obtained the routes Cagliari-Milan, Alghero-Rome and
Alghero-Milan with government financial support.
 =20
ALBANIAN AIRLINES has in service a TU154M LZ-HMW in Balkan old c/s and Hemus
Air titles.

ALITALIA in November has reported a traffic passengers decrease of 31.3%
compared to the same month of the past year, load factor was decreased of 9
points to 56.9%.

BLUE PANORAMA AIRLINES has wetleased two B737/400 to Afriqyiah (regs.
EI-CUA/CUN), two are reported in BPA c/s D-AHLU and EI-CUD. D-AHLO was
returned to lessor.

CARPATAIR has now in service a SF340 HB-AKN.

FREEAIRWAYS has reported stored in Palermo two MD83 EI-CPB/CMM.

MERIDIANA with effect January 1st. 2002 until March 30th. 2002 will drop the
twice daily route Bologna-Cagliari and a daily rotation Bologna-Olbia,
replaced by a daily rotation Bologna-Cagliari-Olbia operated with MD82.
Decrease from 21 to 17 weekly rotation on the route Bologna-Catania.
Decrease from seven to one weekly frequency on the route Turin-London LGW.
Decrease from 7 to 6 weekly on the route Palermo-Turin.
Drop the daily rotation Cagliari-Turin.

All the best from Italy,
Marco