Fwd: WestJet Reinforces Route Expansion through Winnipeg International Airport

>WestJet Reinforces Route Expansion through Winnipeg International Airport
>

>     WINNIPEG, Dec. 19 /CNW/ - Winnipeg Airports Authority Inc. (WAA) today
>announced new non-stop WestJet services from Winnipeg to London, Ontario and
>from Winnipeg to Edmonton, Alberta commencing February 7, 2002.
>     The new daily non-stop jet service to London provides convenient air
>travel to the Ontario region along with avoiding Toronto travel congestion.
>Arrivals in Winnipeg will enjoy connections to western Canada and US
>destinations.
>     The new twice daily non-stop service to Edmonton is a welcome return of
>WestJet service, as they previously flew Winnipeg/Edmonton in the winter of
>1999/2000. Customers will travel on WestJet's newest fleet addition, a Boeing
>737-700.
>     Murray Sigler, President & CEO, WAA said, "This latest expansion of
>WestJet services is vitally important for Winnipeg and our airport,
>particularly at this juncture. WestJet's ongoing success stands out not only
>amongst Canadian carriers, but is perhaps unparalleled anywhere. At a time
>when it is critical to sustain new and competitive air services we are indeed
>fortunate that WestJet is comfortable in staking a growing part of its future
>in Winnipeg." Sigler added, "We are committed to working together with WestJet
>to ensure that short to medium haul, low price air services remain viable in
>this country."
>     With WestJet's Edmonton air service, Winnipeg will now have 3 daily
>flights to Edmonton (2 WestJet and 1 Air Canada) along with First Air's weekly
>flight on Sundays connecting to Rankin Inlet, N.W.T.

The owner of Roger's Trinbago Site:
Roj (Roger James)

Caribbean Brass & Soca Connection Club Website
http://www.tntisland.com/caribbeansocabrassconnection/
Steel Expressions Orch
http://www.escape.ca/~ejames/se/
email #1: mailto:steelexpressions@yahoo.com
email #2: mailto:steelexpressions@home.com
The Trinbago Site of the Week:
(101 Art Gallery) http://101artgallery.com
(101 Art Gallery)
courtesy of Roj Trinbago Website & TnT Web Directory
Roj's Trinbago Website: http://www.tntisland.com
TnT Web Directory: http://search.co.tt