Re: [Sky-1] URGENT! - SECURITY!--Continental

Continental gates 7-10 at Terminal A in Boston had a security breach today
at Boston Logan.  I was due to fly out to SLC via EWR when it all
happened.  I was lined up for security...perhaps number 7 or 8 to talk to
the National Guard guy...  when suddenly screening was suspended without
explanation.  About half hour or so later, about 30 or so people were sent
out of the small gate area.  They began rescreening 20 minutes or so
later, only to be suspended again shortly after, once again evacuated, and
completely sealed off, even to "yeah, but I'm a Captain."  The terminal
was swept with FBI, FAA, State Police, CO staff, National Guard troops,
and dogs.  After about 40 minutes, the terminal was reopened, the 2pm
flight I was supposed to take was held till 3, the 3pm flight held to
345p...and eventually they all got slapped on a ground stop from EWR.
Luckily I managed to get them to put me on Delta's nonsop flight, which
also left 45 minutes late because they couldn't get passengers through
security quick enough.

Jim