make check to test a few tests, not all

Hi,

I am working through some bugs porting autoconf to z/OS and I'd like to run
the testsuite with just a particular test (e.g. 318).
For my scripts, my preference would be to do this via 'make check' instead
of running the testsuite directly.
I haven't been able to figure out how to pass in the testsuite parameters
via 'make check' but I expect others have. I am sure this is well-documented
somewhere but I haven't been able to find it yet - apologies.

Thanks, Mike Fulton