Re: Checking failing dlopen when building 32bit software

   Thanks for the answers. There is some relevant info there, like
   ldconfig to ignore  symbolic links when scanning for libraries

   Well, I am already facing problems, possibly caused by this dl issue.

   When configuring wine, it tests for lib freetype, and it does not find
   it, being irrelevant that I am passing the relevant dir to it:

   "configure:10110: gcc -m32 -o conftest -g -O2
   -I/media/34GB/Arquivos-de-Programas-Linux-32bit/xorg/X11-1.4.4/include/
   -I/media/34GB/Arquivos-de-Programas-Linux/xorg/Xorgproto-2018.1/include
   / -L/media/34GB/Arquivos-de-Programas-Linux-32bit/xorg/X11-1.4.4/lib/
   -L/media/34GB/Arquivos-de-Programas-Linux-32bit/Freetype-2.2.1/lib/
   -L/usr/lib32 -ldl conftest.c -lfreetype -lfreetype  >&5
   configure:10110: $? = 0
   configure:10122: result: not found
   configure:10221: error: FreeType 32-bit development files not found.
   Fonts will not be built.
   Use the --without-freetype option if you really want this"

   As I am passing its directory, it seems the likely reason is that
   Freetype was built without dlopen support ?

   When I call ldd on libfreetype.so or any 32bit so library that I built
   them, ldd reports them as static.

   So what can I do? Perhaps to rebuild all of them, but before that, to
   copy all the relevant 32bit Glibc files to /usr/lib32, adding it to
   ld.conf.so and then calling ldconfig prior to start to rebuild them?