Re: Autoconf version number after 2.70

On Thu, 31 Dec 2020, Paul Eggert wrote:

I'm more of an Autoconf user than I am an Autoconf developer, and from the user point of view I'd rather keep things simple, and stick with 2.71 when it comes out, and then to 2.72 when it comes out, etc.

+1 on this.

There is no reason to "ride herd" on a herd that does not exist.

Dealing with change and multiple options is hard so keep things simple for us users. The simple approach is to keep doing what worked fine before.

Bob
--
Bob Friesenhahn
bfriesen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, http://www.simplesystems.org/users/bfriesen/