Re: Autoconf version number after 2.70

On Wed, 30 Dec 2020 at 21:24, Zack Weinberg <zackw@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Leaving that aside for now, I think Autoconf (the project) is in a
> different place now than it was at the time of 2.66,

And IMO the practice in use was not good even back then. There was
several autoconf versions released within couple of months, each
fixing serious problems from the previous one but also introducing new
ones, making it impossible for many to take any of those releases to
use.

> we need to make a more careful distinction between minor releases
> that might have compatibility issues, and point releases that were
> guaranteed only to fix bugs, than we used to.

 This is very welcome change to me.

 - ML