Re: New failures with autoconf master

On 18/03/2020 14:36, Zack Weinberg wrote:
Could you please file issues in the Savannah bug tracker
(https://savannah.gnu.org/support/?func=additem&group=autoconf) for
this and any other problems you find? This will ensure that I don't
forget about them.

Filed https://savannah.gnu.org/support/index.php?110210 and https://savannah.gnu.org/support/index.php?110211.

I think the line number in the syntax error must be wrong; there's no
"do :" anywhere in the snippet you quoted.  I'll poke at this some
later today, but can you tell me where to download a tarball of the
exact same version of Nasm that you are testing?  I want to be sure
I'm looking at the same thing.

Agreed.

We're using the tarball of nasm 2.14.02. We do have some patches, but nothing relevant.

Hm, I don't immediately see how we get from misbehavior in autoheader
with 'dnl' inside an AC_CHECK_THINGS([...]) list, to syntax errors in
configure.  Again, I'd like to poke at this some myself, can you tell
me where to get the exact version of flex that you are testing?

Agreed again.  Definitely confusion somewhere...

Flex 2.6.4 tarball, again a few patches but nothing huge.

To see *exactly* what we're building, this is in OpenEmbedded:

http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/poky/tree/meta/recipes-devtools/flex
http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/poky/tree/meta/recipes-devtools/nasm

I'm not battling binutils which demands a specific autoconf release, so I'll need to package up both 2.69 and git master for that.

Ross