Re: Making Autoconf 2.70 happen in the near future

On Mon, Mar 9, 2020 at 5:14 PM Per Bothner <per@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 3/9/20 1:22 PM, Zack Weinberg wrote:
> >
> >   - Run the bundled testsuite (plain ‘make check’ only, not ‘make
> >     distcheck’) on the following OS and CPU combinations, all of which
> >     are readily accessible to me:
> >
> >     aarch64-unknown-linux-gnu
> >     armhf-unknown-linux-gnu
> >     mips64-unknown-linux-gnu
> >     powerpc-ibm-aix7.1.3.0
> >     powerpc64-unknown-linux-gnu
> >     sparc-sun-solaris2.11
> >     x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
> >       - Debian unstable
> >       - CentOS 5 (about the oldest Linux anyone still uses AFAIK).
> >     x86_64-unknown-netbsd8.1
>
> I think somebody needs to test Windows and MacOS.
> I can test Windows with WSL (i.e. Ubuntu) and Mac with HomeBrew fairly easily.
> I can probably test plain Windows (without WSL), but I know less about which
> compilers to install etc, so that would probably be more work, though
> I need to deal with plain Windows at some point for other reasons.

Yes, I agree Windows and MacOS testing would be valuable, and I would
appreciate any help you can provide.  I don't have any access to MacOS
hosts myself at the moment.  I do have a Windows 10 partition on one
of my computers, but it's never been used for development work, and
getting it set up to the point where I trusted test results could
easily eat all of the time I have allocated to this project :-/

zw