Re: Making Autoconf 2.70 happen in the near future

On Mon, 9 Mar 2020, Zack Weinberg wrote:

I’ve seen people suggest that there is a backlog of patches that have
been submitted to this mailing list but not reviewed, but considering
that there’s already more git commits in between 2.69 and now than
there were between 2.68 and 2.69, I think it would be reasonable to
call 2.70 feature-complete at this point.  That backlog can become the
meat of 2.71. :-)

Without capturing this backlog and taking a look at the issues solved, how can you know if current git is reasonably acceptable, or if there is a vital issue remaining which is resolved by a patch?

The git commits are more a factor of who has the personal ability to make commits than whether the commits are the most important changes needed.

Bob
--
Bob Friesenhahn
bfriesen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, http://www.simplesystems.org/users/bfriesen/