Re: Is commit 2ca0d57 broken out of the box?

On Thu, Feb 27, 2020 at 3:58 PM Tadeus Prastowo <0x66726565@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 27, 2020 at 7:33 PM Zack Weinberg <zackw@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Re your other thread, I do not know why automake's test suite has
> > problems with autoconf after this point but not before.  If you are
> > bisecting, I would recommend you single-step forward in autoconf's
> > version history until its own testsuite is fully green again for you,
> > and then see if that also makes automake's testsuite happy.
>
> As I promised in the other thread that you have answered, I am
> fielding the then-tip of the autoconf master branch (i.e., commit
> d78a7dd95fed24e417dfb4d08124a9ce7c1f7d1e).
>
> For that commit, all autoconf tests pass in my system.  Nevertheless,
> the automake tests fail.  So, I bisect the autoconf tree to arrive at
> commit 2ca0d57 that I cannot build.

I just rebuilt and installed the latest autoconf trunk and then used
it to build and test the latest automake trunk.  I see failures in
t/autohdr4 and t/autohdr-subdir-pr12495, with similar syndromes:

autoheader: cannot open sub2/config.${BOT}: No such file or directory
autoheader: cannot open b.h.in: No such file or directory

Does this match what you are getting?

zw