Autotools lint tool

Hello,

I'm a new user to the autotools, and am wondering if there are any lint tools available for checking the "correctness" of a project's configure.ac file as well as its Makefile.am file--with regard to its conformance to best practices. I have checked the archives of this mailing list and have not found any prior discussion about it.

I know there are various books and websites (such as https://autotools.io) that provide coverage of certain aspects of best practices, but an automated lint tool would be nice to use in addition to reading.

I *do* have a prototype implementation of such a tool but the code is currently exceedingly ugly.

Thanks in advance,
Gabriel