Re: [bug-gettext] failure in building po/Makefile due to crippled sed

Hi,

Perry Hutchison wrote in
<https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/autoconf/2019-03/msg00013.html>:

> this system's native sed has been crippled
> to always operate in "sandbox" mode, even without "--sandbox" having
> been specified on the command line.

There are certainly uses for 'sed --sandbox'. However, when building
GNU packages, we assume certain programs (see
<https://www.gnu.org/prep/standards/standards.html#Utilities-in-Makefiles>
for the precise list). Since here this build system rely on shell commands
that can read any file anyway, there is *no point* in using a restricted 'sed'
program.

Can you tell us, please, which system this is? I'd like to estimate the
urgency/necessity of providing a workaround.

Bruno