Re: How can we run all tests using C++ specified compiler?

On Sat, 4 Aug 2018, Jeffrey Walton wrote:

Our configure.ac has AC_PROG_CXX after the various init's, and lacks
AC_PROG_CC. We don't do anything with the C compiler because we are a
C++ library.

How do we tell Autoconf to use the specified C++ compiler for all tests?

This might not work properly since Autoconf produces C code for many of its standard tests and the C code might not compile/link cleanly with a C++ compiler. While C++ encompasses C, it is also stricter than ANSI C.

You would need to define CC to be the C++ compiler and hope for the best.

Bob
--
Bob Friesenhahn
bfriesen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, http://www.simplesystems.org/users/bfriesen/