Control of .deps folder generation location.

Hi list

I have a project in which I include a few out-of-tree cpp files in one of my SOURCES directives.

I am currently trying to use the new subdir-objects argument but am having the problem that autoconf tries to write a .deps folder to the folder containing the out-of-tree files which is located in a system folder and therefore not writable to the user.

Is it possible to somehow force autoconf to write this .deps folder in a location inside the project tree?
Or can I perhaps resolve my issue in another way?
(I would really like avoid having to copy the out-of-tree cpp files to an in-tree folder before compilation)

Kind regards
Bent Bisballe Nyeng