Re: LC_ALL and UTF-8 directory names

On 10/04/11 04:59, Akim Demaille wrote:
> I have no idea how many configurers use extended charsets in their directory names.

It's not just extended charsets; many instances of 'configure'
also have problems if directory names contain spaces or other
shell metacharacters.

On the other hand, many instances of 'configure' also work
just fine with directory names that contain metacharacters and/or
extended charsets, and there would probably be problems with
crying wolf; so there should probably be a way to turn this
warning off, if you know your package is unaffected.

I'm just thinking out loud, to some extent ....