Re: Request for inclusion [was: Re: Autoconf MPI macros]

Hi Christian!

On 06/15/2011 10:44 PM, Christian Rössel wrote:
>> In principle, the macro is still useful if somebody doesn't want to
>> compile *all* his code using the MPI compiler, but only some files.
>> However, I have no clear idea why someone would want to do that...
>
> We are doing exactly that, but we have two configures, one for the
> usual CC and one for MPICC where we set CC=$MPICC before calling
> AC_PROG_CC. We used to have one configure in the beginning of the
> project; at that time we used AX_MPI but we don't use it any longer.

Well, in this case I would actually recommend to use the new macros in
the configure for MPI, as in that case a user won't have to set MPICC
manually, but it will be automatically found by the macro.

But as you are not using AX_MPI, this is a non-case. I believe that you
are not using AX_MPI precisely because of the issues with the macro.

Olaf

--
Dr. rer. nat. Olaf Lenz
Institut für Computerphysik, Pfaffenwaldring 27, D-70569 Stuttgart
Phone: +49-711-685-63607
begin:vcard
fn:Olaf Lenz
n:Lenz;Olaf
org;quoted-printable;quoted-printable:Universit=C3=A4t Stuttgart;Institut f=C3=BCr Computerphysik
adr:;;Pfaffenwaldring 27;Stuttgart;;70569;Germany
email;internet:olenz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
title:Dr. rer. nat.
tel;work:+49.711.685.63607
tel;fax:+49.711.685.63658