Re: Request for inclusion [was: Re: Autoconf MPI macros]

Hi!

On 06/15/2011 12:20 PM, Peter Simons wrote:
> Now, I wonder what to do about AX_MPI. It seems to me like your
> macros make that older version obsolete. Do you think we should
> deprecate AX_MPI and delete it, eventually?

In principle, the macro is still useful if somebody doesn't want to
compile *all* his code using the MPI compiler, but only some files.
However, I have no clear idea why someone would want to do that...

Does anybody here have an application for the old macros? If nobody has
an idea, then we can as well deprecate the macro.

Olaf

--
Dr. rer. nat. Olaf Lenz
Institut fÃr Computerphysik, Pfaffenwaldring 27, D-70569 Stuttgart
Phone: +49-711-685-63607
begin:vcard
fn:Olaf Lenz
n:Lenz;Olaf
org;quoted-printable;quoted-printable:Universit=C3=A4t Stuttgart;Institut f=C3=BCr Computerphysik
adr:;;Pfaffenwaldring 27;Stuttgart;;70569;Germany
email;internet:olenz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
title:Dr. rer. nat.
tel;work:+49.711.685.63607
tel;fax:+49.711.685.63685