Re: Complex compiler/linker tests

Hi Liviu,

* Liviu Nicoara wrote on Tue, Jun 28, 2005 at 01:59:55AM CEST:
> There are situations where a C++ comptest needs to have multiple
> translation units. These need to be compiled and the object files linked
> together, and posibbly, the resulting program needs to be run.

Could you describe an example where this is necessary?

> I could not find a way of doing this in an easy way using the "public
> interface" of autoconf. Is it at all possible?

I'd say it's probably at least quite cumbersome.  Much of Autoconf
assumes only one source file, named `conftest.*'.  You'd either have to
munge unpublished internal variables or you'd have to give up quite a
bit of Autoconf functionality.

> Would I need to roll my own macros for this?

Hmm, I'd say if it turns out to be useful to have such functionality,
then Autoconf should probably provide it.  Just my .02 cents, I'm not an
Autoconf developer.

Regards,
Ralf