Re: AC_PROG_LIBTOOL error

Paul Eggert wrote:
What versions, exactly?

Autoconf-2.59 Automake-1.8b Libtool-1.5

m4 1.4.1

I'm not certain that they have GNU m4 installed. They may be using the system m4.

I unpacked that distribution and ran 'autoconf', and it didn't report
any error.

Thanks for trying this. I'm glad my package isn't doing anything grossly wrong.

Looks like a botched autoconf installation to me.  Your correspondent
might try running "truss -f" and seeing what file is missing.

I'll have him try that. I take it that program works like strace on Linux?