Library Link order, cygwin, AC_TRY_LINK

Hi all,

I'm having a little trouble getting my configure script to realise that it does have libreadline available to it. The problem is that the command passed to gcc places the source file after the -lreadline option. The link fails with an undefined symbol. Transposing -lreadline and conftest.c solves the issue.

I tried to figure out if there was a way to have the linker keep symbols that it had seen and only to throw them away at the end if unused. --export-dynamic looked promising, but didn't pan out. Is there a solution to this more elegant than a hack?

Thanks,
Chris Egner