Re: new packages not showing up

James, you nailed it.  Once I added metadata_expire_filter=never everything worked fine.
Thanks so much. I was pulling my hair out trying to figure this out.
Alex

On Mon, Nov 18, 2013 at 12:46 AM, James Antill <james-yum@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Alexander Gray II <grayaii@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> I have 4 machines.  When I upload a new rpm my repo, only 1 out of the 4
> machines shows the new package is there.  The other 3 do not.  The only
> difference that I see is that the 3 machine that do not find the new
> package the yum version is 3.4.3.  The one that works is 3.2.29.
[...]
> yum --config=/var/build/repos.conf --disablerepo=* --enablerepo=my-yum-repo
> list foo-278-1
>
> All 4 machines find it. yay!
>
> Now repeat the process.  Unfortunately only 1 machine (yum version 3.2.29)
> says there is a new version of my package.
>
> It would seem that the 3 machines that have 3.4.3 is cache'ing when it's
> not supposed to.

tl;dr run: yum makecache fast

 You probably want to read the documentation for the new
config. option metadata_expire_filter ... which you are probably
hitting. Basically most people when running simple read-only
commands like "list", much prefer "fast" over "very accurate, but
sometimes can hit the network and be much slower".
 You can change this config. to "never", if you prefer the old
behaviour.

--
James Antill -- james@xxxxxxx

-Alex-