Re: dependency problems with yum-priorities on CentOS 5.5

Nick wrote:
On 24/08/10 10:13, Ljubomir Ljubojevic wrote:
It is very simple. First you run updates with priorities enabled, and
update all core repo packages and already installed external packages
without their counterpart in core repos, that (highly likely) have no
unresolved dependacies.

I claim that's exactly what I did, and when the problem emerged.

My complaint is a usability issue: I didn't get *warned* that there was a
resolution problem until too late. (And that yum hides the potentially resolving
package too thoroughly.)

But the question is moot until I can prove that I am reporting something real.
At the moment I can't, I would have to do quite a lot of work first.

But at least we all seem to agree that it would be an issue if it happened.

This happend only because you ALREADY have core packages replased by rpmforge packages. That is why priority plugin created a problem when you tried to update rpmforge packages.

If you installed priorities plugin BEFORE you updated your system, you most likely would not be in this position. I am not judging you, I was in the same boat when I started my CentOS voyage and enabled RPMForge repository without any precautions.